On Saturday, April 24 and Sunday, April 25, 2010 at Noon, the Rago Arts and Auction Center holds a 900+ lot auction of 20th C. decorative arts and furnishings, the vast majority new to the market, fresh from private collections secured in the US and abroad.
“Our April auction is full of works by top makers and designers, with a sprinkling of masterpieces, priced in keeping with the new, post Lehman Brothers paradigm,” says David Rago. “Look for Kagan, Nakashima, Adnet, McKie, Powell, Bertoia, Wormley, Esherick, Wegner, Gustav Stickley, Majorelle…. There are choice pieces from start to finish – furniture to pottery, sculpture to glass.”
• Saturday, April 24 at Noon: Early 20th C. Design, followed by 20/21 C. Modern Decorative Arts
• Sunday, April 25 at Noon: 20/21 C. Modern Furnishings
• Telephone, absentee, online bidding available for those unable to attend.
• Saturday, April 17, 2010 through Friday, April 23, from 12-5 PM and by appointment. Doors open on day of sale at 9 a.m.
• Rago’s is located midway between New York City and Philadelphia. Directions online at ragoarts.com
• Printed catalogues are available for $25 by calling 609.397.9374 or e-mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• View a complete online catalogue with color images at ragoarts.com as of April 2, 2010.
Category: Auction News